- She drifts where the wind blows, and leaves an "I was here" on a harp string. Flint Juventino Beppe
«Four Elements from Hedmark»
Double Concerto for violin, cello & symphony orchestra.
- Then four beams struck through the atmosphere and hit Hedmark in different places, and they manifested themselves as the Four Elements from Hedmark.
Flint Juventino Beppe
- «The beam struck the door» (8:40)
- «The beam struck the most beautiful memories» (6:20)
- «The beam struck the ultimate stairs» (4:50)
- «The beam struck the young girl by the river» (6:50)
Dedicated to Berit Cardas and Ellen Margrete Flesjø.
Commissioned by Musikk i Hedmark.
First performed in Elverum and Hamar, October 2011, by Berit Cardas (violin), Ellen Margrete Flesjø (cello), Elisabeth Sønstevold (harp) and Hedmarken Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Cathrine Winnes Trevino.
Instrumentation: 2-2-2-3(1) 3-2-3-1 timp (3 kettle drums) - perc: 2 - harp - violin solo - cello solo - str
Listen & download sheet music
«The beam struck the door»
«The beam struck the most beautiful memories»
«The beam struck the ultimate stairs»
«The beam struck the young girl by the river»
All scores from The FJB Fingerprint are provided as free downloads.
Composer Flint Juventino Beppe has written some words about the four movement Double Concerto:
Then four beams struck through the atmosphere and hit Hedmark in different places, and they manifested themselves as the Four Elements from Hedmark.
The beam struck the door
Perhaps, when the door has a double function and it might be the path to freedom or captivity, the whole fundament of existential thinking is shaken as the beam strikes the door of the potential change.
The beam struck the most beautiful memories
A euphoric and beautiful memory does not have to be based on nostalgia. If a beam strikes the most beautiful memories in life, the thoughts might freeze into ice inside, and the present is placed in a vacuum.
The beam struck the ultimate stairs
Mankind is building a flight of stairs from the earth up towards the universe to achieve a higher level of existence. However, if a clown is assisting in this process, it is difficult to predict whether this quasi jovial workforce has a positive or negative effect. Nonetheless, the beam will interfere and finish this building process before one achieves any more knowledge than one had five seconds ago.
The beam struck the young girl by the river
Perhaps, an example of life's intricacy, the last beam strikes a little girl sitting by the river bank looking towards the other side. But the beam does not bring death. She achieves magical powers from the beam, and the ability to see through time and space through a veil called "All that happens". She drifts where the wind blows, and leaves an "I was here" on a harp string.
- The world premiere of the commissioned «Four Elements from Hedmark» by Flint Juventino Beppe, was the concert's great climax. Not only had the composer created an impressive piece of music, but he also spun some intriguing yarns that enveloped the music. Or maybe it was the other way around. (...) His music is dramatic, intense, cheerful and overwhelming.
- Urframførelsen av bestillingsverket «Four Elements from Hedmark» av Flint Juventino Beppe var konsertens store høydepunkt. Ikke bare hadde komponisten laget et imponerende musikkverk, han hadde også spunnet spennende historier rundt musikken. Eller kanskje er det omvendt. (...) Musikken er dramatisk, intens, munter og overveldende.Hamar Arbeiderblad, 03.10.2011
Then four beams struck through the atmosphere and hit Hedmark in different places, and they manifested themselves as the Four Elements From Hedmark.
Le faisceau a frappé la jeune fille par la rivière
- Peut-être, un exemple de complexité de la vie, la dernière poutre frappe une petite fille assise par la berge de la rivière en regardant vers l'autre côté. Mais le faisceau n'est pas donner la mort. Elle réalise des pouvoirs magiques de la poutre, et la capacité de voir à travers le temps et l'espace à travers un voile appelé «Tout ce qui arrive". Elle dérive où le vent souffle, et laisse une "J'étais là" sur une chaîne de harpe.Flint Juventino Beppe
Flint Juventino Beppe